Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Temporary insanity

We got a dog.

Yes, that's right. A dog. Actually, a puppy. Puppies are worse than dogs.

Don't ask me why. I was the one who actually made the final decision. I think that somehow I got this idea that it would be easy. Ha! It's like a bomb went off in our house.

I would give her back, but I can't for four reasons:

1. We've spent too much money on her.
2. Matt won't let me.
3. This would be the first thing to come up in my childrens' therapy sessions in 20 years.
4. Actual quote from Eleanor: "Mommy, yesterday was the best day I've ever had, because we got a dog, and I love her, and I love you for getting us a dog. Thank you, mommy."

She's a great dog when the kids aren't around her to rile her up. We got her from the shelter and she's a collie/Boxer mix but looks all Boxer to me. She's 8 weeks old and her name is Annie (name courtesy of Eleanor).

Constant attention.

This is the face of a happy girl.

She's a very beautiful dog. Eric, are you jealous yet? You can have her!

3 comments:

Dan said...

What is the meaning of this??

I won't tell Dan, because we all know how Dan feels about dogs. It's a good thing we are not there right now.

But I loved the post anyway. And Eleanor is a doll. I miss you guys!

feliciadel said...

That dog is adorable!!! Not quite as cute as Eleanor, but close! Enjoy!

Jamie said...

You are a better mother than me. I just cannot clean up after one more living creature than I currently have. Eleanor is so pretty. She is a mini-me. Well, a mini-you!