Monday, June 8, 2009

"Now we're even!" says Eleanor.

So, there's a long story here, but it boils down to this: we decided to find out the sex of our baby this time around. The kids were DYING to find out and while we didn't find out for Theodore, the payoff wasn't as big as I had hoped.

The deal was that Peter would be told first, and the ultrasound technician was very nice about whispering in his ear when the time came. I could tell from his squeal of excitement what it was, but I had to wait for him to tell Eleanor first before he would tell me.

And it turns out that Eleanor will finally get her sister. And I will finally get to use all those cute girl clothes again that I'm saving in the basement. The kids are thrilled; Peter and Eleanor were both confident that it was a girl, so nobody is disappointed. I think Matt is a little nervous about her disposition, though. While he's not averse to having another girl, he (and I as well) definitely hope that we don't get another stubborn girl.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

yay!! Sisters are the best!! How exciting for Eleanor!!

Dan said...

I say there's nothing wrong with a stubborn girl!

Congratulations! (I'd say that either way, of course, but there really is something special about baby sister.) How are you feeling?

Alisa said...

Congratulations!! I am so happy for you! You were honest about wanting a girl, so I'll be honest in saying that I'm so happy for you and Eleanor that it is a girl.

miss you

Charity Brown said...

Hey! I just stumbled across your blog! Congrats on the girl news!! That's exciting!