Yesterday I made macaroni and cheese for lunch. Not the radioactive Kraft kind, but the real kind. I got the recipe from America's Test Kitchen, which is one of my favorite shows. They have, consistently, the best recipes around. I have never, never, ever gotten a recipe from them that I don't love.
And this is where I found out that ATK is not perfect.
This recipe sounded great. It had cheese and evaporated milk and little bit of garlic powder (I love garlic). It sounded great. I invested 20 minutes in it, which to me is a lot of valuable time. I insisted that we not have sandwiches for lunch and told the kids about the yummy lunch I was making them.
And it was terrible.
I don't know why; it was just a really bad recipe. Yuck. Bitter macaroni and cheese.
We all took bites of it, and as soon as I tasted how nasty it was, I watched Peter and Eleanor eat it. They ate it and immediately wrinkled their noses. Eleanor wouldn't touch it again. Peter ate it, thought for a minute, then took another bite. Then he said,
"This macaroni is this bit yummy."
(Holds up his hand and approximates a space about a millimeter wide)
"But it's this much yucky."
(This time the space is about 4 inches wide)
Needless to say, we threw the macaroni and cheese in the trash.
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment