Okay, news: Theodore can climb up and down the stairs. He now follows me all around the house. Sometimes when I'm at the kitchen sink he climbs up the stool next to me and peeks over the counter into the sink to see what I'm doing. This week he learned how to hold my hand when he walks. It's nice to walk hand-in-hand with my baby. His favorite food is generic corn squares and he squeals with excitement when I get them down. He constantly waves bye-bye and loves giving kisses to puppies (we go to the pet store all the time). He's approximating lots of words; when I ask if he's all done, he says "dah, dah". His first word was "go", which he said about a month ago (I know! He's so smart!).

Eleanor is very much into imaginative play. She loves to pretend she's a baby animal and I'm the mommy animal and Theodore is the other baby animal and Peter is the daddy animal and Matt is the grandpa animal. Sometimes she's something really girly like a baby unicorn and other times she's a pet baby stegosaurus. Peter just likes being a T-rex. At other times, Eleanor pretend to be Cinderella and goes around twirling her skirt around in the air. You know, like a princess does.
Peter just turned 5 this month. He had to have a dinosaur cake, so I just stuck some dinosaurs on top of a cake and called it a day. He's looking forward to kindergarten; I think I've just become boring to him. For a while he thought that as soon as he had his birthday he would go to school, but I had to dispel that idea. He was pretty disappointed. He loves climbing our tree in our backyard, which goes to show that he's totally my child.
Oh, speaking of trees, Eleanor was climbing the tree with Peter the other day and slipped and got her coat stuck on the tree. She was just hanging there, waiting for me to help her. Here is a picture:
I think that's all for now. Hopefully I'll post more, but I'm not making any promises!
Oh, and a big congratulations to my friends the D-hoffs, who just became parents. Way to go, guys!
1 comment:
we made the blog! I feel famous. keep up the good blogging, sister.
Post a Comment