Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Odds and ends

Okay, since I waxed poetic about Viola for a few posts, I'll now move on to the other little fireball that keeps me busy all day: Theodore.

Oh, how I love him! Seriously. He is, and always has been, the most intense of my children. If he feels something, he feels it intensely. From the day he was born he was not afraid to let his opinion be known. Now he is almost three and full of energy.

He loves to climb.



He loves to play games, especially Twister.



He loves playing with my makeup.



He loves peanut butter and honey sandwiches. If he could eat these all day, every day, he would. He loves to take baths, and he loves going to the grocery store with me, probably because he gets a cookie and goes on the horse ride next to the checkouts. And he still loves to snuggle me (or as he says it, "dungle" me). He loves sports and is a natural athlete. He has decided that he wants to run races and play baseball, go to a Batman dance at a farm (?), and go be Spiderman in the Nutcracker. Clearly, he doesn't see the world as the rest of us do. But I love him for it.

***

I have learned that when you close the back door of your van, you shouldn't stick your head in the way. Here is some photographic evidence of my stupidity.


***

Finally, Eleanor has lost her first tooth! My baby! It's been wiggling around a lot lately, but she let me pull it out on Sunday. The tooth fairy came and left a dollar, but then Eleanor wanted the tooth back to show Grandma. So she wrote a note to the tooth fairy that said, "Dear tooth fairy, please bring my tooth back, Love, Eleanor." The tooth fairy nicely complied and left a (if I may say so myself) beautifully written and decorated note telling Eleanor that the tooth fairy needed it back in a few days, but she'd be happy to lend it back to Eleanor. So nice of that tooth fairy!


1 comment:

Matt and Sarah said...

I love the arrow you inserted in your injury photo. :) I feel your pain...I closed my SUV's trunk directly on my shoulder/collarbone last summer. It hurt. A lot.