We decided on Myrtle Beach basically after just looking at a map. It was originally going to be Florida, then it morphed into Charleston, then into Myrtle Beach. We got a great recommendation on a resort from a friend, which was the best decision we made regarding the trip. We stayed in a great resort right on the beach with a few outdoor pools and an indoor pool. We were on the 14th of 16 floors, so the whole time I was worried about the kids falling off the balcony. The view was gorgeous. It was just warm enough to wear short sleeves and play on the beach in our swimsuits, but not hot enough to want to swim in the ocean. At least that way I didn't have to worry about my kids getting sucked into the ocean, though!
We swam, we to the aquarium, swam, ate great food, swam, played on the beach, swam, made sandcastles, swam, walked down a pier, and swam some more. Good thing we had that indoor pool!
The highlights of the trip were: seeing the sharks at the aquarium, seeing a fisherman on the pier catch a stingray, Eleanor falling and hitting her chin so hard we worry about having to get stitches, playing on the beach, sitting in the warm sun, seeing dolphins swimming just off the shore, and watching the sunrise.
A view off our balcony. If you look closely, you can see me and the three older kids on the black bridge in the middle of the picture.
Playing on the beach.
Why, yes, that IS a shark right behind Eleanor!
Really expensive taffy. They got five pieces each and we MADE them enjoy it.
Viola was happy in her stroller.
Trying to get the kids all look at the camera and smile at the same time is impossible.
The boys.
Me and the baby.
Isn't she cute?
A rare family picture. Thank goodness for the timer on the camera.
Sunrise.
3 comments:
It makes me happy to read about this! What a fun trip!!
Wow! What a beautiful place! I'm so glad you got a vacation all to yourselves--those are few and far between, it seems.
That sounds so fun! I need to do something like this with my kids!
So I loved the post about Theodore too! The movie of him climbing the wall was amazing. Elliot loved it! He instantly wanted to go try that! I wish you lived closer to us cause I think your family is so cool!
Post a Comment